Mobile App Now Available!
We’ve once again teamed up with CrowdCompass to build an app that will make your conference experience more valuable. While onsite, the mobile app is your primary source for conference information. Although a printed schedule will be available at registration, for detailed information—including session descriptions, presenters, evaluations, and more—please refer to the mobile app.
Download the AttendeeHub App
If you didn’t receive an e-mail invitation, then the first thing you’ll need to do is download the CrowdCompass AttendeeHub app* on the device you’re bringing to the PLA 2018. The PLA 2018 Conference app lives within AttendeeHub.
As a native app for iOS and Android, it performs optimally whether or not there’s an Internet connection. When connected, the app downloads updates (like a schedule or room change). Once downloaded, all of the data is stored locally on the device so it’s accessible even if there’s no WiFi.
Non-iOS/non-Android mobile devices will have access to a mobile-friendly web-based version of the app, which does require a WiFi or cellular Internet connection and can also be used on any computer.
Log In to the App
Log in to the mobile app to experience all of the app’s features!
If you received an e-mail invitation:
- Open the invitation in your inbox. Tap Verify Account to unlock the PLA 2018 event and all of the app’s advanced features. If you do not verify your account, then you’ll need to manually search AttendeeHub for the PLA 2018 event.
- Tap Open App to complete the verification via your brand new mobile app.
If you’re signing up for an account:
- From the event homescreen, tap the hamburger icon at the top left of the screen.
- Tap Log in for more features!
- Enter your first and last name and tap Next.
- Enter your e-mail address.
- We’ll send you an e-mail to verify your account. We just want to make sure it’s you.
- Open your e-mail to find your verification code.
- Return to the app and enter the four-digit code to finish logging in.
Meet Other Attendees
Add yourself to the attendee list to network with other attendees. Here’s how:
- Log in to the app.
- Tap the Attendees launch icon.
- Tap the Attendee Options icon in the top right of the screen. Then make sure that the slider marked “Show Me On Attendee List” is set to “On”. Tap OK to confirm.
Play Games & (Maybe) Win Prizes!
PLA Explorer Game
Beginning Wednesday morning, play the PLA Explorer Game—our new photo scavenger hunt in the mobile app—to be eligible for daily prizes. Upload photos in the mobile app to complete challenges and earn points as you attend conference events, participate in educational sessions, and meet new people on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Each day is a new game with new challenges and a new sponsor. The top points earner each day wins prizes!
Exhibits Hunt Game
Browse the exhibits and be eligible to win great prizes playing the Exhibits Hunt Game, another photo scavenger hunt in the mobile app. Beginning at the Exhibits Opening Reception on Wednesday, take and upload photos in the mobile app to complete challenges and earn badges from our participating exhibitors—and be eligible for the prize drawing at the Exhibits Closing Reception on Friday.
The “Other” Game
Earn points as you for do things in the app you already want to do, like exploring the schedule and networking with other attendees. Completing the Game’s challenges is a fun way to explore everything the app has to offer. (Sorry, no prizes for this one though. Just fun!)
In-app help is available by tapping the Using This App icon, and you can contact PLA staff at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
PLA thanks Brainfuse, BookPage, and DigitalLearn.org for their support of the PLA Explorer Game.
*Why is the mobile app named AttendeeHub? Last year, Apple changed its App Store Guidelines to prohibit app companies like CrowdCompass from submitting stand-alone event apps to the store on behalf of event organizers like PLA. In response, CrowdCompass created the AttendeeHub app to host the apps of stand-alone events like PLA 2018. And although Apple recently reversed its earlier decision, it did so too late for us to submit PLA 2018 as a stand-alone app. PLA decided it was most efficient to keep this year’s app in AttendeeHub.